Board Of Directors
- President: Mike Busswood
- Vice President: Ellie Parento
- Treasurer: Gail Ruginis
- Secretary: Sara Lohnes
- Directors at Large: Annette DeCaire, Pam Peterson, Linda Slater, Hannah Lohnes
Surrey Little Theatre, both the building and the
theatrical troupe, have a long history in Surrey
It all began in June 1958 when the Greater Whalley Recreation Council sponsored a little theatre group, the North Surrey Thespians. The first meetings began in the basement of the Dell Hotel and a society was formed in early 1959.
For a few years several one act plays were presented at local high schools. In November 1962 the group produced their first full length three act play and in December of that year changed their name to Surrey Little Theatre.
In 1967 SLT purchased the former Clayton United Church. The first production was Dirty Works at the Crossroads and then was also the last one for a few years as the building was declared non-conforming to public showings. Due to the contributions of dedicated leaders and a grant the building was renovated and productions were re-established by 1973.
Today Surrey Little Theatre thrives not just as a historic landmark, but as an award winning theatre group producing quality entertainment and opportunities for youth for the surrounding community.